The Business Action Digital & Online Achievement Award recognises businesses in and near North Devon who are developing the full potential offered by online and digital technologies and the internet.
Technology is transforming business. When used effectively, it can create opportunities for innovation, increased productivity, greater profitability and better working conditions. Technology also offers businesses in North Devon tools that can compensate for the area’s remoteness, which can create barriers to reaching new markets.
The Digital & Online Achievement Award recognises North Devon businesses working with digital and internet technology, either as a creator or user. This includes building web sites, creating content and using social media for marketing and selling, as well as integrating cloud technology or other online systems into business processes to improve efficiency and customer experience.
From a sole trader using a web site to sell products on the internet to an agency programming software to transfer a company’s administration to the Cloud, the Digital and Online Achievement Award highlights North Devon businesses who are taking full advantage of the opportunities offered by digital technology.
The judges are looking for evidence of at least one of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry – what’s most important is for you to tell your story!
- Advanced understanding and use of digital technologies
- Innovative application of digital products or services
- Marketing via websites, social media or other technologies
- Use of cloud technology and other systems to run businesses
- Automation of business processes for better productivity, profitability and customer service
- Improved internal or customer communication through technology
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Digital and Online Achievement Award is open to any business in or near North Devon working with digital and internet technology, either as a creator or user. This can range from working with complex specialist technologies to using widely available technology to develop a simple but effective business process.
Businesses can enter themselves or nominate other businesses.
(Businesses developing technology products such as software as a product to sell (e.g. a wordprocessing or database package) may find it more appropriate to enter the Made in North Devon Award instead.)
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for any business in or near North Devon working with digital and internet technology, either as a creator or user. This includes building websites, creating content and using social media for marketing and selling, as well as integrating cloud technology or other online systems into business processes to improve efficiency and customer experience. (Businesses developing technology products such as software as a product to sell (e.g. a wordprocessing or database package) may find it more appropriate to enter the Made in North Devon Award instead.)
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to websites and videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Closing date: Entries must be submitted before 5pm on FRIDAY 23 February 2024 [UPDATED]
Enter award now
Complete and send the form below to enter or download and email the Word entry form.