Sponsored by Creative UK, the Artist Business Achievement Award celebrates North Devon businesses that have successfully balanced the pursuit of their artistic and aesthetic aims with success as a viable commercial business.
Any branch of art is eligible from painting and sculpture to digital, photography, video or performance art.
We welcome entries from individual artists, groups or companies.
The judges are looking for evidence of at least two of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry – what’s most important is for you to tell your story!
- Produces original art that attracts critical appreciation from viewers and buyers
- Achieves a level of sales that maintains a viable business
- Sells through own premises, third party galleries, agents, at events or online
- Attracts customers through effective marketing activities, from face-to-face to social media, web site store or other digital channels
- Supports and/or co-operates/collaborates with other local art businesses
- Operates using efficient business processes, eg cloud computing, accounts software, payment processing services
Who can enter?
The Artist Business Achievement Award is open to any business based or operating from or near North Devon that produces, sells or supplies art of any description. Entrants can be any size and can be new or experienced art businesses.
Businesses can enter themselves or nominate other businesses.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for businesses that create, sell or supply art in any medium or format.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites and videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Closing date: Entries must be submitted before 5pm on FRIDAY 23 February 2024 [UPDATED].