The Business Action Consumer Excellence Award recognises businesses in and near North Devon who provide services direct to private individuals, residents and members of the public.
Each of us relies on a number of consumer businesses in our life, from hairdressers and barbers to cleaners, gardeners, fitness instructors, health practitioners and dentists, and more.
From entertainment to sport, leisure, healthcare and beauty, the Consumer Excellence Award highlights businesses in North Devon whose services support consumers and the community.
Sponsor this award – call 07971 176044
The judges are looking for evidence of at least one of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry – what’s most important is for you to tell your story!
- Consumer services that are outstanding in their sector
- Providing reliable services that customers depend on
- Going the extra mile to provide a personal service
- Innovating to develop unique services
- Evidence of investment in skills and equipment
- Enriching the lives of individuals and the community
- Adapting working environment and practices to post-pandemic trading conditions
Who can enter?
The Consumer Excellence Award is open to any business in or near North Devon providing services to consumers. This includes any service provided to consumers, such as hairdressers, beauty services, cleaners, gardeners, health and fitness, personal finance and entertainment.
Owners, directors, managers and employees can enter the business they work in and businesses can also be entered by customers, suppliers or external advisers.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for any business in or near North Devon providing services to consumers.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative.
- Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Closing date: Entries must be submitted before 5pm on FRIDAY 23 February 2024 [UPDATED]