The Business Action Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award recognises businesses who attract visitors to the North Devon area, offer the warmest welcome and provide experiences to last a lifetime. From hotels, holiday parks and attractions to restaurants, pubs, cafés and takeaways, these businesses show North Devon at its best
The landscape of North Devon and surrounding area is so beautiful and offers so many activities and experiences to visitors that it is a natural holiday destination. The experiences visitors have here determine what they tell their family and friends and whether they will return again. That is why businesses in our hospitality and tourism sector are of vital importance to North Devon’s reputation as a visitor destination.
From a kiosk selling homemade ice cream to a hotel offering luxurious accommodation, the Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award highlights the best visitor services and experiences in and near North Devon.
The hospitality and tourism sector has continued to face challenges in 2023. Many businesses have applied superhuman effort to adapt and maintain high standards of service under such challenging conditions. This year the Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award also recognises and salutes everyone working in hospitality and tourism in and near North Devon.
The judges are looking for evidence of at least one of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry – what’s most important is for you to tell your story!
- Effective promotion of your business and/or North Devon in the UK and/or abroad
- Success in attracting visitors from different groups or locations
- Investment in facilities demonstrating quality, vision and flair
- Well-trained team offering a warm welcome and exceptional customer service
- Standout experience or service that showcases the best of North Devon
- Excellent reviews and customer compliments
- Adapting working environment and practices due post-pandemic trading conditions
- Introducing new products and services
Who can enter?
The Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award is open to any business operating in or near North Devon that works to attract visitors or provides hospitality services, from accommodation to dining, takeaway food, leisure activities and travel to both visitors and residents.
Businesses can enter themselves or nominate other businesses for the award.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for any business operating in or near North Devon that works to attract visitors and provide hospitality services, from accommodation to dining, takeaway food, leisure activities and travel.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites and videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Closing date: Entries must be submitted before 5pm on FRIDAY 23 February 2024 [UPDATED]
Enter award now
Complete and send the form below to enter or download and email the Word entry form.