We’re delighted to launch the Business Action Awards 2021 – North Devon’s independent business awards – to celebrate the achievements of all North Devon businesses.
Let’s build on the success of our first awards in 2020 – which attracted 104 entries from which 44 finalists, 11 category winners and the North Devon Business of the Year were selected – to kick off 2021.
2020 was the most challenging year ever for business and many challenges remain. For many businesses, turnover or profits fell while some had to make the difficult decision to make employees redundant. These must not stop you from entering the awards, as we want to recognise the ingenuity and commitment of businesses in overcoming the many unprecedented problems.
Click an award category below to enter
Winner of Winners
The winner of each category will go forward for the judging of the overall North Devon Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Philip J Milton & Company Plc.
North Devon Business of the Year 2021
We are grateful to all our sponsors without whom the awards would not take place – we will be adding our 2021 sponsor profiles shortly.
You need to enter the Business Action Awards
Who can enter?
- Businesses based or operating in North Devon
- Any size of business
- Businesses in all sectors
- New businesses or established businesses celebrating 5, 10 or 100-year anniversaries
How entering benefits you?
- Enjoy free promotion of your business across social media networks just by entering
- Every entrant is entered into our free draw to win a 12-month magazine advertising package
- Raise awareness of your business by showcasing it for our magazine editor and awards judges
- Increase your chances of being selected as a finalist or winner
- Open up the possibility of benefitting from winners’ prizes including publicity, free advertising and more
We look forward to receiving your entries. Good luck!
How and when can I enter?
- Entries are open from Friday 1 January to Monday 8 March 2021
- Enter online or download, complete and email Word entry forms
- Enter your own business or for most categories you can nominate another business if you are an adviser, supplier or customer to them
What categories can I enter?
- The Business Awards 2021 feature 12 categories, including our new International Trade Award
- Enter as many categories as you like, as long as they are relevant to your business
2021 winners event
We aim to hold a massive winners event in June to announce our 2021 winners and to celebrate our 2020 winners, who we were unable to honour publicly last year.
If this event is not possible due to government restrictions, we will announce finalists and winners online in a series of live or recorded videos, similar to our 2020 winners video announcements, which received considerable attention.
Independent and transparent business awards
The Business Action Awards are fully independent and transparent to attract entries from as many businesses as possible of all sizes, from all sectors, from all areas of North Devon.
As far as possible, sponsors and judges are separate and neither will enter the awards to guarantee complete impartiality and establish essential credibility.