Sponsored by International Trade Matters, the Business Action International Trade & Exports Award recognises businesses in or near North Devon that are starting or growing international trade relationships. In our fast-changing world, new trade opportunities are always appearing for those businesses prepared to embrace them.
Exports range from physical products manufactured by businesses to food and drink, digital products and services.
The International Trade & Exports Award Award is open to any business based or operating from or near North Devon that exports products or services internationally.
Founded by managing director Linda Middleton-Jones, International Trade Matters Ltd provides independent tailored support to SMEs and micro businesses.
Levels of engagement can include a telephone-based Export Response support service, help and advice with export documentation and accreditations, or a fully-embedded Export Manager to operate or train your export department.
The judges are looking for evidence of at least one of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry – what’s most important is for you to tell your story!
- Identification and development of international trade opportunities
- Overcoming barriers to exporting successfully
- Establishing new business processes that have increased export competitiveness
- New entrants to exporting
- Growth of established export business
- Market and sell to overseas customers through web sites
- Flying the flag for North Devon and Britain
Who can enter?
The International Trade Award is open to any business based or operating from or near North Devon that exports products or services internationally. Entrants can be any size and in any sector and can be new or experienced exporters.
Businesses can enter themselves or nominate other businesses.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for businesses that export any goods or services internationally in any quantity.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites and videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Closing date: Entries must be submitted before 5pm on FRIDAY 23 February 2024 [UPDATED]
Enter award now
Complete and send the form below to enter or download and email the Word entry form.