Sponsored by Petroc, the Business Action Young Achiever Award recognises North Devon young people in employment, business, education or training aged 30 or under who have achieved significant success and deserve recognition.
Entrants and nominees can be employees, apprentices, trainees, managers, directors, business owners or students or teams of young people engaged in enterprise or business-related activities at school, college or as part of training.
The business world is changing faster than ever before which makes it more difficult for young people to predict how their careers can develop. The small population in a large geographical area also limits the number of opportunities available to young people. The Young Achiever Award recognises the achievements of young people who build their careers either by developing their skills on the job, completing training or qualifications, or managing or starting their own business.
From starting a part-time business at school to completing an apprenticeship or managing an established company, the Young Achiever Award highlights young people who demonstrate aspirations to achieve whatever they set out to accomplish.
Petroc is passionate about raising the aspirations, knowledge and skills of individuals, communities and businesses in North Devon and beyond.
Furthermore, we believe that recognising the achievements of young people is not only key to their own success, but that of any business they work with or for in the future.
At Petroc, we enable the highest levels of learner achievement and the highest levels of career and life fulfilment, through learning that will stretch and challenge individuals.
Our wide range of courses, combined with exceptional support and passionate teaching staff, means that we can help every individual reach their full potential. From school-leavers in the early stages of choosing their future pathways, to adult learners considering a return to studying, or businesses looking to further develop the knowledge and skills of their workforce, we’re here to help everyone be the best the best version of themselves and help them go further in life.
The judges are looking for evidence of at least one of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry – what’s most important is for you to tell your story!
- Commitment to acquiring necessary skills or qualifications
- Completion of recognised training programme, eg apprenticeship, degree or other qualifications
- Overcoming personal or other barriers to learning or business development
- Transformation as a result of work experience, placement, internship or secondment
- Ability to learn from setbacks to achieve stronger future performance
- Fast progression through an existing business to supervisory, managerial or director level
- Launch or acquisition of own business
- Evidence of personal success and achievements in work or business
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Young Achiever Award is open to any business employee, apprentice, trainee, manager, owner, director or team aged 30 years or under on 1 March 2024 in or near North Devon.
Young people can enter themselves or be nominated by other business people, trainers or business advisers.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter yourself or nominate another person for this award.
- Entrants must be aged 30 years or under on 1 March 2024.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Closing date: Entries must be submitted before 5pm on FRIDAY 23 February 2024 [UPDATED]
Enter award now
Complete and send the form below to enter or download and email the Word entry form.