The Be Ready Employer Hub Autumn 2021 schedule of courses for its Disability Awareness in the Workplace open programme is now available to book.
All services and training courses are available free of charge to Devon-based employers and start-ups.
See details below or join a 30-minute ‘taster’ webinar to find out what the courses cover and how they are made interactive.
The two courses available comprise:
Disability and Employment
A five-part online series (or one day on-site workshop) designed for business owners /employers to be more disability aware and inclusive when recruiting and retaining the best talent. Topics include:
- The Equality Act, disability discrimination and stereotypes
- Understanding Reasonable Adjustments
- ‘Job Carving’ and inclusive recruitment
- How to apply for the Access to Work grant (worth up to £62,900 in 2021-22)
- How to progress through the Disability Confident award
- How to initiate more; comfortable’ conversations with disabled colleagues.
Accessibility for Websites
- This online-only workshop provides a non-technical insight into why and how a web site can be made accessible, including:
- The buying power of disabled people with access needs
- Examples of effect some conditions have on accessibility needs
- Practical tools and ideas to overcome barriers (for websites and social media).
- Plus an optional one-to-one session to write/review your Accessibility Statement.
The Be Ready Employer Hub supports Devon-based businesses, charities, social enterprises and public sector organisations understand and build on the benefits of employing (and keeping) people with disabilities and long-term health conditions.