The Business Action ‘Young Entrepreneur Award’ recognises successful North Devon business owners and directors aged 30 or under.
The business world is changing faster than ever before which makes it more difficult for young people to predict how their careers can develop. The small population in a large geographical area also limits the number of opportunities available to young people. The Young Entrepreneur Award recognises the achievements of young people who start their own business or who progress through existing to job roles own or lead a business.
From starting a part-time business at school to managing an established company, the Young Entrepreneur Award highlights young entrepreneurs who embody the spirit of North Devon enterprise.
2020 has been very difficult for many businesses who have worked very hard to adapt to government restrictions during lockdown and this year the Young Entrepreneur Award also recognises individuals who have adapted working environments and practices to continue operating.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry:
- Launch or acquisition of own business
- Fast progression through an existing business to director level
- Evidence of business success and achievements
- Commitment to acquiring necessary skills or qualifications
- Ability to learn from setbacks to achieve stronger future performance
- Long-term vision to establish a thriving business
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Young Enterprise Award is open to any North Devon business owner or director aged 30 years or under on 31 March 2021.
Entrepreneurs can enter themselves or be nominated by other business people.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter yourself or nominate another person for this award.
- Entrants must be aged 30 years or under on 31 March 2021.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 15 March 2021.
Enter Young Entrepreneur Award 2021
Enter the award by filling in our online form below
Download Word entry form and email to email@example.com
The deadline for receiving entries is 23:59 on Monday 15 March 2021.
Some error has occured.