The Business Action ‘Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award’ recognises businesses who attract visitors to North Devon, offer the warmest welcome and provide experiences to last a lifetime. From hotels, holiday parks and attractions to restaurants, pubs, cafés and takeaways, these businesses show North Devon at its best
The North Devon landscape is so beautiful and offers so many activities and experiences to visitors that it is a natural holiday destination. The experiences visitors have here determine what they tell their family and friends and whether they will return again. That is why businesses in our hospitality and tourism sector are of vital importance to North Devon’s reputation as a visitor destination.
From a kiosk selling homemade ice cream to a hotel offering luxurious accommodation, the Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award highlights the best visitor services and experiences in North Devon.
The hospitality and tourism sector has experienced extreme difficulties in 2020. Many businesses have applied superhuman effort to adapt and maintain high standards of service under such challenging conditions. This year the Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award also recognises and salutes everyone working in hospitality and tourism in North Devon.
Announcing the Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism Awards finalists
Read about all the finalists in the April / May issue of Business Action magazine – out on Friday 23 April.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry:
- Effective promotion of your business and/or North Devon in the UK and/or abroad
- Success in attracting visitors from different groups or locations
- Investment in facilities demonstrating quality, vision and flair
- Well-trained team offering a warm welcome and exceptional customer service
- Standout experience or service that showcases the best of North Devon
- Excellent reviews and customer compliments
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
- Introducing new products and services
Who can enter?
The Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award is open to any business operating in North Devon that works to attract visitors or provides hospitality services, from accommodation to dining, takeaway food, leisure activities and travel to both visitors and residents.
Businesses can enter themselves or nominate other businesses for the award.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for any business operating in North Devon that works to attract visitors and provide hospitality services, from accommodation to dining, takeaway food, leisure activities and travel.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites and videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 15 March 2021 – we will accept late entries up until midday on Tuesday 16 March.
Enter Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism Award 2021
This award is now closed for submissions. Many thanks for all your entries.