The Business Action ‘Best Retailer Award’ recognises North Devon retailers who provide the best shopping experience and service in the area.
Shops are the lifeblood of our towns and villages, yet our retailers face huge challenges with little support from government and councils. Those stores who address the needs of their customers, especially independent shops, are driving a resurgence in high street retailing based on the growing appreciation of their personal service, willingness to offer what customers want and the value they give to the community.
From village stores on which residents depend for essentials to specialist retailers offering eclectic ranges of high-quality goods, the Best Retailer Award highlights retailers who make the shopping experience in North Devon the best in the country.
2020 has been very difficult for many retailers who have worked very hard to serve their customers and this year the Best Retailer Award also recognises retailers who have demonstrated considerable resilience and ingenuity in adapting to Covid restrictions.
Announcing the Best Retailer Award finalists
Read about all the finalists in the April / May issue of Business Action magazine – out on Friday 23 April.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry:
- Stores offering the warmest welcome to customers
- Shopkeepers who go the extra mile to obtain the goods customers ask for
- A unique offering that adds value to a town or village as a place to live or as a retail or visitor destination
- Stores who sell both on the high street and online
- Innovative use of the internet to attract customers in store
- Pillars of the community who look after their customers like family
- Adapting business processes as a result of Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Best Retailer Award is open to any retailer in North Devon.
Owners, directors, managers and employees can enter the business they work in and businesses can also be entered by customers, suppliers or external advisers.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for any retailer in North Devon.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 15 March 2021 – we will accept late entries up until midday on Tuesday 16 March.
Enter Best Employer Award 2021
This award is now closed for submissions. Many thanks for all your entries.