North Devon Biosphere launched its Biosphere Business Partner (BBP) Eco-Accreditation Scheme last year (with a focus on tourism businesses) as part of the EU-funded BioCultural Heritage Tourism project. Following its success, the Biosphere is now opening membership up to all businesses across North Devon.
Unique selling point
The UNESCO World Biosphere designation is a unique selling point as a region. Joining the BBP scheme demonstrates that a member business is proud to be part of this world class area by being part of a sustainable business network that looks after the very assets that attract 80% of its visitors, as well as each other.
By signing up to this free accreditation scheme, each business will make at least five commitments towards conservation, local development and / or awareness raising. In return, member businesses are rewarded with:
- Free advertising on the BBP Network Directory on the Biosphere Visitor web site biosphere.org.uk
- Free use of the BBP logo on all promotional material and business web sites.
- Invitations to networking meetings and events to connect with like-minded businesses and share ideas and best practice.
- Bi-monthly BBP newsletter, showcasing some of the great work achieved by fellow partners.
- The opportunity to be the featured ‘Biosphere Star Business’ with focus on the business and its commitments to the Biosphere.