Sponsored by RGB Building Supplies, the Business Action ‘Excellence in Construction Award’ aims to recognise excellence throughout the North Devon building and construction sector. It highlights exceptional standards of built environments, which provide high quality of life for work, home, and play.
From an individual hand-crafted wooden staircase to a complete housing development, the Excellence in Construction Award highlights the best of North Devon construction.
2020 has been a challenging year for the construction sector and this year the Excellence in Construction Award also recognises those businesses who have adapted to the challenges created by Covid restrictions to continue operations.
RGB Building Supplies
We are one of the leading independent builders merchants in the South West operating out of 20 locations across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. At our branches you’ll find a wide array of high quality products in stock, including landscaping, plumbing and heating, heavyside and lightside, decorating, and general building materials, as well as dedicated kitchen, bathroom and bedroom showrooms in many locations.
Our branch teams are highly knowledgeable and are on hand to offer necessary technical assistance, recommend products from our extensive stock, and assist with any projects you’re undertaking. Whether it’s our knowledgeable and reliable staff, or our great range of products, we aim to go that extra mile whether you’re building, maintaining, renovating or repairing.
We have been independent since 1850, and feel that our family roots and community focus are at the heart of what we do. We understand that customers’ needs are constantly changing, so we work hard to evolve with the times, to make sure dealing with us is as easy as possible, including launching an e-commerce website last autumn.
Our local branches deliver to local communities, providing quality products from our trusted suppliers, while overcoming any logistical challenges that sites may face. For these reasons, our customers always trust us to deliver, when and how we say we will.
We are open to all, welcoming both the trade and public, no matter how big or small the project. We’re proud to have been building our local communities for the past 170 years, and look forward to serving you in one of our branches throughout Devon, Cornwall and Somerset soon.
We’re delighted to be involved in recognising a local hero in the construction industry; a sector very relevant to our business.
To buy online, or learn more about us visit www.rgbltd.co.uk
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of the criteria below. You don’t have to meet all – just use them as a guide for your entry:
- High standards of skill and craft
- Outstanding achievements in construction
- Innovation in design and/or practice
- Investment in training and development
- Attention to safe working and best practice
- Exceptional levels of customer satisfaction
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Excellence in Construction award is open to all businesses in the sector based or working in North Devon. From sole traders and SMEs to large companies, this includes trades such as building, decorating, carpentry, electricity, plumbing, heating, and landscaping.
Businesses can enter themselves or they can be nominated by customers, suppliers or other businesses.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for all businesses in the construction sector based or working in North Devon. From sole traders and SMEs to large companies, this includes trades such as building, decorating, carpentry, electricity, plumbing, heating, and landscaping.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much details and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to websites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 15 March 2021.
Enter Excellence in Construction Award 2021
Enter the award by filling in our online form below
Download Word entry form and email to email@example.com
The deadline for receiving entries is 23:59 on Monday 15 March 2021.
Some error has occured.