The Heart of the South West’s joint Local Enterprise Partnership and local authority-led Devolution Partnership’s Productivity Plan aims to ensure that the Heart of the South West, covering Devon and Somerset, makes a significant contribution to the UK’s productivity growth. The Productivity Plan will set out how to address the challenge of improving productivity in the area and will be the area’s contribution to the UK’s Industrial Strategy.
The first phase of the plan is to ask businesses whether the Partnership is considering the right challenges and the responses will help to shape the draft plan.
The Partnership is not yet setting out proposals, but will do this in the next phase from spring.
During this period the Devolution partnership will also be gathering and publishing additional evidence to build a comprehensive picture.
The final Productivity Plan will be launched in the autumn and there will be further opportunities for feedback before then.
The Heart of the South West LEP area Productivity Plan will:
• Set out the long-term strategic ambition to raise productivity and set out a clear plan for achieving this ambition;
• Support the delivery of the devolution agenda for the area;
• Establish a clear Heart of the South West part of the proposed Government Industrial Strategy; and
• Replace the current Local Enterprise Partnership’ Strategic Economic Plan
The first stage of the consultation is published at torbay.gov.uk/devolution and responses from businesses are invited by 10 March 2017.
• Business Action is the dedicated business news service for North Devon.Business Action is edited by journalist Robert Zarywacz, who has been writing about and commenting on business in the area since 2009.If you have news or ideas for an interesting business article, get in touch now at .