North Devon businesses wishing to apply for either the Government’s Small Business Grant Fund / Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (introduced in response to the Covid-19 Coronavirus) can now make applications via North Devon Council at https://www.northdevon.gov.uk/business/business-support-and-grants/coronavirus-support-for-businesses.
The list of business types eligible is listed on the page.
How much funding will be provided to businesses?
According to the Government’s official eligibility guidance – see https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/878082/small-business-grant-and-retail-leisure-hospitality-grant-guidance-for-businesses-v2.pdf – the following funding is available through these grants.
- Under the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) all eligible businesses in England in receipt of either Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000.
- Under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (RHLG) eligible businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a cash grants of £10,000 or £25,000 per property.
- Eligible businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of up to and including £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000.
- Eligible businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme. Businesses which are not ratepayers in the business rates system are not included in this scheme.
• Business Action is the North Devon-based business magazine and news service.If you have news or ideas for an interesting business article, please contact editor Robert Zarywacz now at .