Devon County Council recognises that the North Devon Link Road (NDLR) is inadequate in performing its multiple functions of a strategic transport link, local route and focus for economic growth and is consulting on a scheme to improve the section of the NDLR between Borner’s Bridge Junction on the A361 north of South Molton and Heywood Road Roundabout on the A39 north of Bideford to help inform further design work and develop a preferred option.
The potential improvements to the NDLR aim to be the catalyst to facilitate a higher level of economic development by driving forward an ambitious growth strategy for the area as set out in the Local Plan. The scheme will be a substantial improvement to the existing road and address several issues already prevalent along the route.
The Public Consultation will run from 9 June 2017 and last for seven weeks until 28 July 2017.
Public Consultation exhibitions are being held at the following locations to provide information about the preliminary design option for improving this section of the NDLR and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
- Friday 16 June 9am – 5pm: Exhibition Green Lanes Barnstaple
- Saturday 17 June 9am – 5pm: Exhibition Green Lanes Barnstaple
- Tuesday 20 June 12pm – 8pm: Exhibition Bideford Town Hall
- Friday 23rd June 12pm – 8pm: Exhibition South Molton Amory Centre
- Plus one week unmanned exhibition at Taw View commencing 24 July
To share your views and comments on the proposed improvements, please complete the online questionnaire at new.devon.gov.uk/haveyoursay/ which will be available from 9 June.
More information on the scheme is available from the Devon County Council scheme web site at new.devon.gov.uk/ndlr/.
• Business Action is the dedicated business news service for North Devon.Business Action is edited by journalist Robert Zarywacz, who has been writing about and commenting on business in the area since 2009.If you have news or ideas for an interesting business article, get in touch now at .