The Business Action ‘Made in North Devon Award’ recognises North Devon manufacturers and producers whose products are enjoyed locally and exported across the UK and internationally.
North Devon has a long history of manufacturing and production. Its manufacturing ranges from traditional goods and products to hi-tech equipment and materials used in aviation, medicine and other sectors. Its food and drink products range from meat and fish to speciality ciders, wines, beers, marmalades.
From a lone metalwork craftsperson or artisan food producer to a large manufacturer of composite materials, the Made in North Devon Award highlights businesses maintaining North Devon’s long tradition of manufacturing and taking it into the future.
2020 has been very difficult for many businesses who have worked very hard to adapt to government restrictions during lockdown and this year the Made in North Devon Award also recognises businesses who have adapted working environments and practices to continue operating.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- Skill and expertise in the manufacture of products
- Innovation in the design and manufacture of high-quality products
- Investment in training and skills and in manufacturing equipment
- Transfer of skills and knowledge from one generation to another
- Adoption of new manufacturing technology and practices
- Export success both across the UK and internationally
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Made in North Devon Award is open to manufacturers or producers of physical products, including materials, equipment, food and drink.
Businesses developing technology products such as software sold as a product (e.g. a wordprocessing or database system) can also enter. (Businesses creating digital content such as web sites can enter the Digital and Online Achievement Award.)
Businesses can enter themselves or nominate other businesses.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for manufacturers or producers of physical products, including materials, equipment, food and drink, as well as developers of technology products such as software sold as a product (e.g. a wordprocessing or database system). (Businesses creating digital content such as web sites can enter the Digital and Online Achievement Award.)
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites and videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Enter Made in North Devon Award 2021
Enter the award by filling in our online form below
Download Word entry form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving entries is 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Some error has occured.