The Business Action ‘Excellence in Construction Award’ aims to recognise excellence throughout the North Devon building and construction sector. It highlights exceptional standards of built environments, which provide high quality of life for work, home, and play.
From an individual hand-crafted wooden staircase to a complete housing development, the Excellence in Construction Award highlights the best of North Devon construction.
2020 has been a challenging year for the construction sector and this year the Excellence in Construction Award also recognises those businesses who have adapted to the challenges created by Covid restrictions to continue operations.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- High standards of skill and craft
- Outstanding achievements in construction
- Innovation in design and/or practice
- Investment in training and development
- Attention to safe working and best practice
- Exceptional levels of customer satisfaction
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Excellence in Construction award is open to all businesses in the sector based or working in North Devon. From sole traders and SMEs to large companies, this includes trades such as building, decorating, carpentry, electricity, plumbing, heating, and landscaping.
Businesses can enter themselves or they can be nominated by customers, suppliers or other businesses.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for all businesses in the construction sector based or working in North Devon. From sole traders and SMEs to large companies, this includes trades such as building, decorating, carpentry, electricity, plumbing, heating, and landscaping.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much details and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to websites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Enter Excellence in Construction Award 2021
Enter the award by filling in our online form below
Download Word entry form and email to email@example.com
The deadline for receiving entries is 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Some error has occured.