The Business Action ‘Consumer Service Excellence Award’ recognises North Devon businesses who provide services direct to residents and the public.
Each of us relies on a number of consumer businesses in our life, from hairdressers and barbers to cleaners, gardeners, fitness instructors, health practitioners and dentists, and more.
From entertainment to sport, leisure, healthcare and beauty, the Consumer Service Excellence Award highlights businesses in North Devon whose services support consumers and the community.
We understand that the sector has faced the most extreme difficulties in 2020 with many businesses forced to close during lockdowns. Many have worked with superhuman effort to adapt and maintain high standards of service under such challenging conditions. This year the Consumer Service Excellence Award also recognises the achievements of businesses who have worked to adapt to Covid restrictions and continue serving the community.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- Consumer services that are outstanding in their sector
- Providing reliable services that customers depend on
- Going the extra mile to provide a personal service
- Innovating to develop unique services
- Evidence of investment in skills and equipment
- Enriching the lives of individuals and the community
- Adapting working environment and practices due to Covid restrictions
Who can enter?
The Consumer Service Excellence Award is open to any business in North Devon providing services to consumers. This includes any service provided to consumers, such as hairdressers, beauty services, cleaners, gardeners, health and fitness, personal finance and entertainment.
Owners, directors, managers and employees can enter the business they work in and businesses can also be entered by customers, suppliers or external advisers.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business or another business for this award.
- This award is for any business in North Devon providing services to consumers.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative.
- Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Enter Consumer Service Excellence Award 2021
Enter the award by filling in our online form below
Download Word entry form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving entries is 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Some error has occured.