The Business Action ‘Best Employer Award’ seeks to recognise employers based or operating in North Devon who are committed to providing a fulfilling environment in which their employees thrive.
Many of us spend a large proportion of our time at work and working in an environment which is safe, healthy and where we feel happy is very important. The Best Employer Award seeks to recognise employers in North Devon who realise this and who achieve exceptional standards of care for their employees.
2020 has been very difficult for many employers who have worked very hard to retain their staff. This year the Best Employer Award also recognises employers who have had to make tough decisions while demonstrating considerable care for their employees as individuals, as well as employers who have adapted working environments and practices due to Covid restrictions to help their employees.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- Open approach to employing a diverse workforce
- Develops the potential of all employees as individuals
- Supports professional development with appropriate training
- Enables employees to achieve work / life balance
- Rewards employees appropriately for their contribution to the business
- Takes an active role in nurturing local skills and talent
- Creates and promotes an enjoyable and positive work environment
- Supports staff and makes everyone feel a part of the team
- Open to new ideas and feedback
- Creates a sense of community within the workplace (organises socials outside of work)
- Adapting working environments and practices to help employees as a result of Covid restrictions
From a builder employing one apprentice to a manufacturer employing hundreds of production staff, the Best Employer Award seeks to highlight those employers in North Devon who take best care of their people.
Who can enter?
The Best Employer Award is open to any business in North Devon which employs people, from one member of staff to hundreds or thousands.
Owners, directors, managers and employees can enter the business they work in and businesses can also be entered by customers, suppliers or external advisers.
Category rules for entry
Please follow the category rules below, which also include useful suggestions on how to ensure your entry showcases achievements in the best possible light.
- You can enter your own business, nominate your employer or nominate another business for this award.
- This award is for any business in North Devon which employs people, from one member of staff to hundreds or thousands.
- Ensure you read the awards terms and conditions.
- Read the criteria and the questions on the form below in advance so that you understand what the judges are looking for and tailor your answers to these.
- There is no restriction on how much information you can provide in your answers, although please ensure that anything you say is relevant to this award. The questions are deliberately open to enable you to submit the best possible entry and the examples given are purely illustrative. Add any other information you feel is important to highlight success.
- Provide as much detail and evidence as possible to back up your claims, including relevant links to web sites or videos.
- Write and save your answers in a note-making or word-processing app first and copy them into the form below. This ensures you do not lose anything you have taken a long time to write.
- Attach any files, eg customer compliments or images of products, to support your entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Enter Best Employer Award 2021
Enter the award by filling in our online form below
Download Word entry form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving entries is 23:59 on Monday 8 March 2021.
Some error has occured.