Sponsored by Marsdens Devon Cottages, the Business Action ‘Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award’ recognises businesses who attract visitors to North Devon, offer the warmest welcome and provide experiences to last a lifetime.
The North Devon landscape is so beautiful and offers so many activities and experiences to visitors that it is a natural holiday destination. The experiences visitors have here determine what they tell their family and friends and whether they will return again. That is why businesses in our hospitality and tourism sector are of vital importance to North Devon’s reputation as a visitor destination.
The Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award is open to any business operating in North Devon that works to attract visitors and provide hospitality services, from accommodation to dining, leisure activities and travel.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- Effective promotion of your business and/or North Devon in the UK and/or abroad
- Success in attracting visitors from different groups or locations
- Investment in facilities demonstrating quality, vision and flair
- Well-trained team offering a warm welcome and exceptional customer service
- Standout experience or service that showcases the best of North Devon
- Excellent reviews and customer compliments
From a kiosk selling homemade ice cream to a hotel offering luxurious accommodation, the Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Award highlights the best visitor services and experiences in North Devon.
Marsdens Devon Cottages
With over 400 holiday cottages across North Devon and Exmoor and more than 40 years’ experience, Marsdens Devon Cottages understands how to get the most from letting your holiday property.
Our local team offers a professional, personal and friendly service, plus all our properties are graded by our own Quality Assessment Team to give guests confidence when booking.