The Business Action ‘Digital and Online Achievement Award’ recognises North Devon businesses who are developing the full potential offered by online and digital technologies and the internet.
Technology is transforming business. When used effectively, it can create opportunities for innovation, increased productivity, greater profitability and better working conditions. Technology also offers businesses in North Devon tools that can compensate for the area’s remoteness, which can create barriers to reaching new markets.
The Digital and Online Achievement Award is open to any business in North Devon working with digital and internet technology, either as a creator or user. This includes building websites, creating content and using social media for marketing and selling, as well as integrating cloud technology or other online systems into business processes to improve efficiency and customer experience.
(Businesses developing technology products such as software as a product to sell (e.g. a wordprocessing or database package) may find it more appropriate to enter the Made in Devon Award instead.)
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- Advanced understanding and use of digital technologies
- Innovative application of digital products or services
- Marketing via websites, social media or other technologies
- Use of cloud technology and other systems to run businesses
- Automation of business processes for better productivity, profitability and customer service
- Improved internal or customer communication through technology
From a sole trader using a website to sell products on the internet to an agency programming software to transfer a company’s administration to the Cloud, the Digital and Online Achievement Award highlights North Devon businesses who are taking full advantage of the opportunities offered by digital technology.