The Business Action ‘Best Retailer Award’ recognises North Devon retailers who provide the best shopping experience and service in the area.
Shops are the lifeblood of our towns and villages, yet our retailers face huge challenges with little support from government and councils. Those stores who address the needs of their customers, especially independent shops, are driving a resurgence in high street retailing based on the growing appreciation of their personal service, willingness to offer what customers want and the value they give to the community.
The Best Retailer Award is open to any retailer in North Devon.
From village stores on which residents depend for essentials to specialist retailers offering eclectic ranges of high-quality goods, the Best Retailer Award highlights retailers who make the shopping experience in North Devon the best in the country.
The judges are looking for evidence of one or more of:
- Stores offering the warmest welcome to customers
- Shopkeepers who go the extra mile to obtain the goods customers ask for
- A unique offering that adds value to a town or village as a place to live or as a retail or visitor destination
- Stores who sell both on the high street and online
- Innovative use of the internet to attract customers in store
- Pillars of the community who look after their customers like family