What effect would switching £10 to a local business have on the North Devon economy?
If one person does it, that would inject £10 back locally. If 100 people did it, that be £1,000. What if 100,000 of the 162,000 people in North Devon Torridge switched, that would make £1 million.
We’ve launched the #10to1m campaign to encourage as many people as possible in North Devon to switch more spending to local businesses.
Buy local to
- Support businesses in the area so they thrive
- Maintain and create jobs for local people in local businesses
- Re-inject money back into the local economy to keep our towns and villages alive
- Reduce the environmental impact of internet shopping so there are fewer vans clogging up the A361 Link Road and less packaging required for individual deliveries.
How can you make a difference?
- By changing your personal and business purchasing habits and asking where you can buy products or services locally
- Sharing your local purchases on social media with the #10to1m hashtag
- Register for initiatives such as Small Business Saturday.
Visit 10to1m.co.uk to start now!
• Business Action is the North Devon-based business magazine and news service.If you have news or ideas for an interesting business article, please contact editor Robert Zarywacz now at .